Finding the right watch can be somewhat confusing – there are so many features and style from which to choose! Here are tips to help you find the best watch for you and yours:
- Do your homework! Know the type of watch you’re looking for, basic style/design, colors, etc.
- Decide which features you want in the watch before you start shopping so you won’t be overwhelmed trying to understand unnecessary functions.
- Consider functionality. When will you/the recipient be wearing the watch – every day or just for evening wear/special occasions? If every day, a self-winding or automatic timepiece would be a good choice.
- Consider wardrobe and lifestyle. Silver watches match best with blacks, grays, silvers and blues and are ideally worn at night. Gold watches go with browns, beiges, tans and other earth tones and are best worn during the day. Also, mix and match gold and silver colors to complement other jewelry and accessories.
- Buy a familiar watch brand or one whose performance has a good reputation.
- Always buy from a reputable jeweler/authorized dealer that you can trust to offer after-purchase advice, service and support.
- Consider your budget. A watch should be considered a long-term value. Spending a little more will get you a higher-quality timepiece that with proper care can last for many years.